The largest fountain in the world is The Fountain of Wealth which located in Singapore. The bronze ring of the fountain is designed based on the Hindu Mandala, meaning universe and is a symbolic representation of the oneness in spirit and unity and further symbolizes the equality and harmony of all races and religions in Singapore.Here are some known Unknown things which you must know about this fountain
- In 1998, Fountain of Wealth was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the largest fountain in the world!
- Unsurprisingly, feng shui played a part in the ideas behind the workings of the fountain as the act of water flowing inward was meant to signify incoming wealth and riches.
- Apart from having feng shui influences, the fountain design was inspired by Hindu concepts too. The bronze ring of the fountain resembles a Hindu Mandala, thus symbolizing unity in spirit as well as racial harmony and equality in Singapore.
- It spreads across a huge area of around 1683 square meters.That is about the size of 17 average-sized HDB flats or a quarter of a football field. Can you imagine that?It reaches an astonishing height of 13.8 meters
Which is about 4 storeys tall, or 8 1.7m tall men standing right on top of one another
- It has been featured in the popular reality TV show, Amazing Race.In their third season on the show, participants travelled to Singapore and were tasked to retrieve one of their clues from the center of the fountain.
- Water is one of the most powerful elements of nature according to the Chinese, because as a source of energy it symbolizes wealth and good fortune. For this reason, the water at the Fountain of Wealth flows inwards, representing the inward movement of wealth for all who witness it.
- It is actually supposed to symbolize the palm of a hand.The 5 other Suntec City towers that surround it form the fingers while it nestles in the center and represents the palm
- It has been said that anyone who circles the fountain three times while touching the water will receive good luck and blessings. Given the size of the fountain, this probably is no easy feat. Why not try it out and tell us
- It was the site of a magic act carried out by a world famous magician.Cyril Takayama, a renowned magician of Japanese-French descent hailing from California once used the Fountain of Wealth as the location for his magic trick that was broadcast on a few TV Channels
- The Fountain of Wealth was built at a cost of $6 million and is an unmissable beacon of Suntec City. The bronze ring measures at a staggering 21 meters in diameter, which is supported on four sides by 13.8 meter-tall bronze pillars