Thank you for visiting , your reading time is 171 seconds
Sridevi , the name behind the glamorous world and silver screen kept historical memories towards fans of her .Around 90’s she was the most busy actress and most romantic actress . Some of important known and unknown things are as follows
- Sridevi was most popular in Film Mr. India
- Sridevi was also considered for a role in Jurassic Park. Steven Spielberg wanted to cast her for a brief role. But she was at the peak of her career in Bollywood then and had rejected the offer.
- Sridevi was director duo Abbas Mustan’s first choice to play the female lead in Baazigar.
- When she made her debut in Bollywood, Sridevi was not comfortable talking in Hindi. Her voice was mostly dubbed by Naaz. Rekha had dubbed for her in the film, Aakhiri Raasta. Sridevi dubbed for her dialogues for the first time in Chandni.
- Sridevi was 13, when she played the role of Rajinikanth’s stepmother in a Tamil film called Moondru Mudichu (1976). Years later she played his love interest in Chaalbaaz (1989).
- Sridevi did playback for Sadma(1983), Chandni(1989), Garajna (1991), Kshana Kshanam (1991).
- Sridevi was the first choice for Indra Kumar’s Beta. She was supposed to star opposite Anil Kapoor in the film but declined the offer because she had already done a string of films with the actor.
- In 2013 Government of India awarded her Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor.
- Sridevi made her Hindi film debut as a lead actress in Solva Sawan (1979)
- Sridevi has worked in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada films.
- She has also won 5 Filmfare Awards for Best Actress in a leading role.
- Not many people know that Sridevi was down with 103 degrees fever, while shooting Chalbaaz’s famous song ‘Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai’.
- She started her career at the age of four in Thirumugham’s devotional film, Thunaivan (1967)
- She lost her father during the shooting of Yash Chopra’s Lamhe (1991) in London. She flew home for the last rites and returned to work to shoot a comedy sequence with co-star Anupam Kher.
- Sridevi was born on August 13, 1963. She was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan upon birth.
- Sridevi died at 54 on 24th Feb 2018 following a massive cardiac arrest in Dubai leaving everyone stunned and upset. The veteran actress, who was last seen in the revenge drama film Mom, is survived by husband Boney Kapoor and daughter Janhvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor.
- The role of Shivagamini in Baahubali 1 and 2 was offered to Sridevi first, but she refused the role because of her other work commitments
- She hates celebrating her birthday
- Sridevi did playback singing for films such as Sadma (1983), Chandni (1989), Garajna (1991) and Kshana Kshanam (1991).
- She was also voted ‘India’s Greatest Actress in 100 Years’ in a CNN-IBN national poll conducted in 2013 on the occasion of the centenary of Indian cinema
- In 1996, Sridevi married Boney Kapoor, a film producer who is also the elder brother of actors Anil Kapoor and Sanjay Kapoor.
- Comeback with English Vinglish(2012–2017)
Source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sridevi / https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/