Thank you for visiting , your reading time is 168 seconds
Bollywood actress Madhubala was one of the most beautiful lady personality in bollywood . Her contribution in the field of film is still lasting on the minds of people . some of known unknown things are given below ..
- Madhubala, who was born as Mumtaz Jehan Begum Dehlavi on February 14, 1933, was one of the most beautiful actresses of Bollywood
- Madhubala was born in Delhi, belongs to an orthodox middle-class family and was the fifth of eleven children.
- Madhubala worked in approximately 70 films.
- Madhubala aka Mumtaz, joined cinema at the mere age of 9 to support her family financially.
- Madhubala’s first movie, Basant in 1942, was a box-office success
- Actress Devika Rani was impressed by her performance and potential, and advised her to assume the screen name ‘Madhubala’. In 1952 she was appeared in the American magazine Theatre Arts where she was featured in an article with a full page photograph under the title: “The Biggest Star in the World – and she’s not in Beverly Hills”.
- At the age of 14, She worked as the leading lady opposite Raj Kapoor in Neel kamal in 1947, was the last film in which she was credited as Mumtaz before assuming her screen name ‘Madhubala’. Call it her fate or poor choice of roles; she acted in as many as 70 films from 1947 to 1964, and only 15 of which were box office successes
- Often regarded as the “Marilyn Monroe of Bollywood”, Madhubala received wide recognition for her performances in films like Mahal, Amar, Mr. & Mrs. ’55 , Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Mughal-e-Azam, and Barsaat Ki Raat. Madhubala’s performance in Mughal-e-Azam aka Anarkali established her as an iconic actress of Hindi Cinema.
- She was romantically involved with actor Dilip Kumar, whom she first met on the film sets of Jwar Bhata but the two got in love while shooting for their film Tarana, two years later. They became a romantic pair appearing in a total of four films together.
- Madhubala married Kishore Kumar in 1960 after Kishore Kumar converted to Islam and took up the name Karim Abdul. According to Leena Chandavarkar she was Kishore’s fourth wife.
- She died at the age of 36, the same age other famous celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Princess Diana and Bob Marley had died.
- According to close sources, the actress was born with ventricular septal disease (a disorder of the heart) but the effects were only seen in 1954 on the sets of ‘Bahut Dinn Huey’. By 1960, her condition aggravated and she was even taken to London. In 1966, with a slight improvement in her health but realized her career as an actress was over.
- In 1969 she was set to make her directorial debut with the film ‘Farz aur Ishq’ which was never made.She spent her last nine years on bed, but still managed to finish her work
- The breathtaking beauty breathed her last on 23 February 1969 at a premature age of 36. She was buried at the Santa Cruz cemetery along with her diary.
source : https://www.bollywoodpapa.com/