It’s an energy-releasing process
Respiration is an important process of our body. Breathing is apart of it . Some of the known and unknown things are given below
- Respiration is an energy-releasing process
- Respiration is of two types, aerobic and anaerobic
- Respiration in the presence of oxygen is called aerobic respiration
- Respiration in the absence of oxygen is called anaerobic respiration
- Respiration is a complex process involving two distinct processes, external respiration or breathing and internal respiration or cellular respiration.
- Breathing is a physical process.It involves intake of oxygen-rich air into the lungs and giving out of air containing carbon dioxide from the lungs to the outside atmosphere.It also involves the exchange of gases in and out of the blood simultaneously.
- Cellular respiration involves the release of energy in the form of ATP(Adenosine Tri Phosphate).It occurs in the mitochondria of the cell
- Animals living in the water use oxygen dissolved in water
- The human respiratory system consists of nostrils, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, bronchioles, lungs and alveoli. The lungs are the respiratory organs in human beings. They lie in the thoracic cavity on either side of the heart.
- An adult human on an average breath about 12 to 20 times per minute that 28800 times per day