Know the benefits of swimming
- Good exercise : Swimming helps you exercise most of your body parts without straining your joints.
- Strengthening of body : Swimming not only tones your muscles, it also helps strengthen your bones, especially at an advanced age.
- Hard work out : Swimming competitions are the best way to test and improve your endurance. The longer you swim, the more your body tolerates hard workouts.
- Burns calories : Swimming burns about 450 to 950 calories per hour; it all depends on your pace.
- Osteoarthritis: If your joints hurt and your muscles are stiff, swimming is perfect to lower the pain; in the pool your body weight decreases, and reduces the pressure over your muscles and joints.
- Best for asthma: Swimming helps asthma patients in avoiding asthma attacks; it helps in their breathing methods and can improve their condition in general.
- Restoring blood movement : Swimming after an intense out-of-the-pool workout, helps your muscles in their recovery as it restores your body’s blood movement.
- Stress removal : Swimming releases endorphins and has the same effects as yoga on the human body, thus helping in relieving stress.
- Self-improvement: Swimming teaches you discipline and sportsmanship. It gives you a healthy competitive edge, by pushing you to overcome your peers and/or yourself.
- Best for summer : Swimming is the best way to cool off in the sizzling hot summer; no matter how high the temperature is, water never fails to freshen you up!
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)