Vitamin D for maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- Vitamin D helps in normal cell division
- Vitamin D helps to make the normal development of bones and teeth among infants and young children
- Vitamin D helps in maintenance of normal bones and teeth
- Vitamin D improves normal function of the immune system and healthy inflammatory response
- Observational data has suggested that vitamin D from foods and sunlight may help
protect against multiple sclerosis (MS), a disease in which the body’s immune response attacks a person’s brain and spinal cord.
- Vitamin D helps in maintenance of normal muscle function
- Calcium, together with vitamin D, has been shown to help heal bone fractures from osteoporosis and decrease the risk of future bone breaks.
- some population studies have suggested that supplementation with vitamin D may improve survival rates in those with a history of breast cancer. Other studies indicated that vitamin D3 supplementation might be effective in treating skin cancer. However, this research is still in the experimental stages.
- Vitamin D reduces the risk of falling. Falling is a risk factor for bone fractures, especially in men and women 60 years of age and older. In order to obtain the effect, 800 I.U. (20 µg) of vitamin D from all sources should be consumed daily
- vitamin D is helpful for protect against ‘rickets’ and ‘osteomalacia’, diseases of severe vitamin deficiency.
- Food Sources of D
Following are rich sources of Vitamin D
salmon, sardines,egg yolk,shrimp,milk (fortified),cereal (fortified),yogurt (fortified),
orange juice (fortified),
It can be hard to get enough vitamin D each day through sun exposure and food alone, so taking vitamin D supplements can help.,