Thank you for visiting , your reading time is 332 seconds
Bali is the most important destination for tourists which has its own importance.Because of spectacular mountains, beaches and sweet natured people, Bali has become an exotic destination for relaxing and enjoying vacations. Keeping aside the mesmerizing natural beauty Bali has some interesting traditions, places and other facts. Following are some important facts
- Hindu MajorityIndonesia is the world’s largest Muslim country. But amazingly it’s most popular island; Bali has a Hindu majority population. So, people who love pigs can enjoy suckling roast pig here which is otherwise off limit in other parts of the country.
- Twin volcanoesThere are two volcanoes in Bali and guess what both of them are active!
One of them is Mount Batur which is 5,600 feet high and the other is Mount Agung which is 10,000 feet high. Even though it is a major tourist attraction yet any eruption can claim large number of lives.
- Tourism in Bali The huge popularity of Bali had given a boost to its tourism industry. The tourism industry of this place is so great that about 80% of its economy is due to tourism! That’s why in terms of income, tourism is the largest industry in Bali.
- 1 year = 210 daysPawukon Calendar is the Bali calendar and it has only 210 days! According to this calendar, each year is divided into six month and one month is of 35 days.
There is also another calendar used in Bali. It is called Sasih and it is a 12 lunar month calendar.
- Silent festival Bali celebrates Neypi day, a day on which the whole island is closed which means no work, no travel, not even electricity; basically no noise. People spend this day meditating and self – reflecting. Neypi day is actually their New Year.
In a way it is Bali’s private Earth Hour.
- DolphinsIn the north of Bali Lovina is situated where a wide variety of Dolphins is found. Even though it is hard to believe that Dolphins can be found in a place like Indonesia. Yet no less than 5 varieties of Dolphins coexist in these waters.
- Kopi LuwakWorld’s most expensive coffee Kopi Luwak is one of the specialties of Bali. The coffee beans for this coffee are gathered from an unthinkable object: Civat Cat’s droppings.
The source of best morning cup of coffee is actually poop… yuck!
But who cares when it tastes so good that a single cup costs as much as 50 dollars.
- Culture of welcoming Bali has a culture of welcoming everyone and hence they had a no–entrance gate policy. They were so strict about this open welcome that earlier in the past having an entrance gate was considered a taboo.
Source: baliaround.com, Image
- Pet loversPeople of Bali are pet lovers and in most home there are at least 2 types of pet. Pet animal can be dog, cat, birds, cattle, pigs and even chicken (especially fighter cocks). Most pets, even cattle are kept for fun.
- Teeth filing to ward off evil
According to Balinese tradition, each and every person’s top six teeth are filed down. According to their belief, the six vices – anger, jealousy, desire, confusion, greed and drunkenness enters through these teeth. Hence filing them away will prevent them from entering the body. Strange
- Only 4 namesWhile the whole world keeps planning on unique baby names, Bali people know their baby’s name even before they are born. This is because all Bali people have only four different names and that too is in order of the child’s birth. First baby – Wayan, second baby – Made, third baby – Nyoman and the fourth baby – Ketut. The fifth baby is again Wayan and the rest follows in cycle.
Wonder how they differentiate one Wayan from the other.
- The land of two seasonsBali has only two seasons: The dry season (April to October) and the wet season (October to April). But overall the temperature remains moderate as Bali enjoys a tropical climate. So, Bali is ideal place to be throughout the year.
- Bamboo chocolate factoryImagine a major commercial building made completely of bamboo. Unbelievable isn’t it? Bali offers the awesome opportunity to visit one such building which is actually a chocolate factory. It was opened in November, 2011 and since then it offers its visitors many varieties of chocolate products. Its huge bamboo structure has made it a major tourist attraction.
- Black SandWhite sand – seen. Pink sand – it exists. Black sand – really?
This would be the reaction of most people of the world. But for people of Bali it is a normal thing. Thanks to the host of volcanoes due to which black sands are created. Even if you are averse to being dirty, you won’t be able to resist the black beauty beach especially during night time.
- Bali priests are paid by governmentIt is amazing that every priest of every religion in Bali is paid by the government giving its true secular identity.
- In the Amazon of seasThe place in which Bali is located is quite interesting and is called Coral Triangle. Coral Triangle gets water from west of Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea and Timor and that’s why the area is like the Amazon of seas.
This beautiful location is the reason behind Bali’s diverse marine life.
Source: wondertours.com, Image:
- Bali is a popular tourist destination, which has seen a significant rise in tourists since the 1980s. It is renowned for its highly developed arts, including traditional and modern dance, sculpture, painting, leather, metalworking, and music.
- How To Reach Bali
Source : http://ohfact.com